Keeping Parents Informed
The parent or carer is considered as much a part of St. Mary’s as the child.
The school places a high value on the triangular relationship between parent or carer, pupil and staff. Effective communication between parent or carer and school is essential to ensure the safety, well-being, motivation and all round development of each child.
- The school maintains close links with the parishes and primary schools
- The weekly General Letter, termly newsletters, stmarysmenston.org school website and the @StMarysMenston Twitter account ensure that families are kept up to date with events and developments
- There is a Home/School Agreement to ensure that both parents and staff work together to encourage the best possible development of each pupil
- Every pupil is issued with a Personal Planner to help them organise their work and to provide a readily accessible point of reference between staff and parents
- Consultation meetings with staff are held annually to give parents and staff the opportunity to discuss pupil progress
- Parents wishing to discuss any matter concerning their child can contact the school by telephone or email
- Opening Evenings and Open Days provide invaluable opportunities for parents to view St. Mary’s, meet staff and see the work of the school
- The work and achievements of St. Mary’s are regularly featured in the local and national media
- Parents are encouraged to support the school through involvement in school activities and events
- The SIMS Parent App