Our annual Smartie tube challenge has now launched!
- The smarties are a gift to each form group from the Chaplaincy Team
- Please enjoy the smarties but return the tube full of 20p pieces
- There will be a prize for the first full return!
- Find out more about our 4 St. Mary's Menston charities that benefit from our Advent Appeal
The joint winners of the competition were 7 Fisher and 7 Wharton.
Smarties fun facts
- Around 600,000 tubes of Smarties are made at Nestle Rowntree factory in York every day with 420 tubes filled every minute.
- Each tube contains around 35 Smarties.
- It takes eight hours to make a tube of Smarties from start to finish.
- Natural flavours come from fruit and vegetables including lemon, radish, red cabbage, orange oil, Hibiscus and Spirulina.
- There are 178 calories in a tube of Smarties – around five calories per sweet.
The ten schools in The Bishop Wheeler Catholic Academy Trust participated in the Bishop’s annual Good Shepherd Celebration at St. Anne’s Cathedral on Friday 11 May 2018.
Stevie Ginty (Year 11) was one of only 500 students selected nationally to compete in the UKMT Olympiad Maclaurin Maths Challenge.
Francis Westhead (Year 12) has been selected to attend a six week maths problem solving seminar at Oxford University this summer.
Aimee is ranked 9th in the World Ladies Snooker rankings
Congratulations to Izzy for this wonderful sporting achievement
Congratulations to Sixth Form student Finley Power for his victory at the West Yorkshire Schools U19’s Golf Tournament, hosted by Howley Hall Golf Club on Monday 23 April 2018.
Year 10 student Nathan Snee has recently been selected to play for the Leeds Rhinos U16’s side and has also been awarded a two year Rugby Scholarship with the club.
Year 12 students recently took part in the annual Holy Island Retreat.
Congratulations to all successful candidates, and thank you to everyone who applied
Callum represented England in the Para-sport Athletics - Men's T54 Marathon.