Our annual Smartie tube challenge has now launched!
- The smarties are a gift to each form group from the Chaplaincy Team
- Please enjoy the smarties but return the tube full of 20p pieces
- There will be a prize for the first full return!
- Find out more about our 4 St. Mary's Menston charities that benefit from our Advent Appeal
The joint winners of the competition were 7 Fisher and 7 Wharton.
Smarties fun facts
- Around 600,000 tubes of Smarties are made at Nestle Rowntree factory in York every day with 420 tubes filled every minute.
- Each tube contains around 35 Smarties.
- It takes eight hours to make a tube of Smarties from start to finish.
- Natural flavours come from fruit and vegetables including lemon, radish, red cabbage, orange oil, Hibiscus and Spirulina.
- There are 178 calories in a tube of Smarties – around five calories per sweet.
Well done to both our teams on their victories against Abbey Grange
St. Mary's Menston School Production 2018 is Lord of the Flies
Year 12 student Sylvia Cullen has been successful in reaching the final stage of the UK Youth Parliament Elections
St. Mary’s Menston welcomed last year’s Year 13 students, their families, staff and Governors to the Sixth Form Celebration of Achievement Evening.
Year 10 student Joe Nicol, is the best U16 platform diver in the UK.
The most-read news stories on our website during 2017 revealed
Fun Event raises money for our Advent Appeal
George will appear on TV over the Christmas period, along with another Year 10 St. Mary’s student, Tilly Amartey, in ‘Ratburger’, the Sky One comedy drama about a girl who makes friends with a rat.
Year 10 student Tilly Amartey is building quite a reputation as an established children’s TV presenter and actress