Our annual Smartie tube challenge has now launched!
- The smarties are a gift to each form group from the Chaplaincy Team
- Please enjoy the smarties but return the tube full of 20p pieces
- There will be a prize for the first full return!
- Find out more about our 4 St. Mary's Menston charities that benefit from our Advent Appeal
The joint winners of the competition were 7 Fisher and 7 Wharton.
Smarties fun facts
- Around 600,000 tubes of Smarties are made at Nestle Rowntree factory in York every day with 420 tubes filled every minute.
- Each tube contains around 35 Smarties.
- It takes eight hours to make a tube of Smarties from start to finish.
- Natural flavours come from fruit and vegetables including lemon, radish, red cabbage, orange oil, Hibiscus and Spirulina.
- There are 178 calories in a tube of Smarties – around five calories per sweet.
St. Mary’s Menston participated in Catholic Care’s annual Good Shepherd Service at St. Anne’s Cathedral on Friday 19 May.
St. Mary’s have had their Fairtrade Schools Award renewed after a considerable amount of hard work from both staff and pupils.
Celebrating our Year 11 pupils
'Fire and Ice' Visit to the amazing country of Iceland
Congratulations to all successful candidates, and thank you to everyone who applied
Bob Lavery's Challenge: to support a sick pilgrim to Lourdes 2017 : Donate now
Congratulations to Shelton Murape (Mathematics) and David Holmes (Physics) who have recently qualified under the School Direct Abridged route into teaching. They are the first students in the country to qualify as teachers on a Fast Track (August – April) route.
Celebrating the work of our talented GCSE Students
Aimee Benn, 10P, continues to climb the Ladies World Snooker rankings.