Our annual Smartie tube challenge has now launched!
- The smarties are a gift to each form group from the Chaplaincy Team
- Please enjoy the smarties but return the tube full of 20p pieces
- There will be a prize for the first full return!
- Find out more about our 4 St. Mary's Menston charities that benefit from our Advent Appeal
The joint winners of the competition were 7 Fisher and 7 Wharton.
Smarties fun facts
- Around 600,000 tubes of Smarties are made at Nestle Rowntree factory in York every day with 420 tubes filled every minute.
- Each tube contains around 35 Smarties.
- It takes eight hours to make a tube of Smarties from start to finish.
- Natural flavours come from fruit and vegetables including lemon, radish, red cabbage, orange oil, Hibiscus and Spirulina.
- There are 178 calories in a tube of Smarties – around five calories per sweet.
Jack Rawlings, Marek Bucholc, Gerry McKeown, Malachy Bray and Poppy Fletcher accompanied Mrs Hall, Librarian and Mrs Hammond to the Leeds Book Award Ceremony at the Civic Hall in Leeds.
This is a great opportunity for students to discuss possible volunteering for specific organisations.
FA Level 1 Coaching Course Achievement.
The power of music is incredible, from singing to drumming, from DJ-ing to writing your own songs and film music. The Music department offers opportunities for all kinds of music making in school.
On Friday 5 April 2019, 15 Year 9 and 10 pupils had the opportunity to attend a Health Sciences careers day at the University of Leeds.
GCSE Subject Information
Jonjoe Boswell (Year 9), Finley Power (Year 13) and Freya Power (Year 7) recently represented St. Mary’s in the West Yorkshire Schools Golf Championship at Howley Hall Golf Club.
Year 8 enjoyed a challenging and diverse experience last week during residential in Ullswater.
Nominations and Voting instructions: votes to be received by Tuesday 30 April 2019
Bambisanani and the beautiful game helping to change lives in South Africa.