Our annual Smartie tube challenge has now launched!
- The smarties are a gift to each form group from the Chaplaincy Team
- Please enjoy the smarties but return the tube full of 20p pieces
- There will be a prize for the first full return!
- Find out more about our 4 St. Mary's Menston charities that benefit from our Advent Appeal
The joint winners of the competition were 7 Fisher and 7 Wharton.
Smarties fun facts
- Around 600,000 tubes of Smarties are made at Nestle Rowntree factory in York every day with 420 tubes filled every minute.
- Each tube contains around 35 Smarties.
- It takes eight hours to make a tube of Smarties from start to finish.
- Natural flavours come from fruit and vegetables including lemon, radish, red cabbage, orange oil, Hibiscus and Spirulina.
- There are 178 calories in a tube of Smarties – around five calories per sweet.
A group of Year 12 and 13 female students who study Maths and Computer Science, recently attended a careers insight day opportunity with PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Written by Year 12 Student Erica Bowers
Sixth Form students at St. Mary’s again turned pink for a day to support Breast Cancer Research.
St. Mary’s, Menston is delighted to announce that fourteen of their past and present students have been publicly honoured with the prestigious Diana Award.
By Matthew Speed and Rowan Wynn (Year 12)
The English Schools Fell Running Championships held last weekend at Giggleswick saw some great performances from St. Mary’s students.
Our Annual School Open Day is Saturday 6 October 2018, 11.00am–2.00pm. Open to All.
A big thank you to all staff and students for ensuring our annual rewards day had thrills, action and adventure.
St. Mary’s Menston students have once again achieved great success in their GCSE results this year.