Our annual Smartie tube challenge has now launched!
- The smarties are a gift to each form group from the Chaplaincy Team
- Please enjoy the smarties but return the tube full of 20p pieces
- There will be a prize for the first full return!
- Find out more about our 4 St. Mary's Menston charities that benefit from our Advent Appeal
The joint winners of the competition were 7 Fisher and 7 Wharton.
Smarties fun facts
- Around 600,000 tubes of Smarties are made at Nestle Rowntree factory in York every day with 420 tubes filled every minute.
- Each tube contains around 35 Smarties.
- It takes eight hours to make a tube of Smarties from start to finish.
- Natural flavours come from fruit and vegetables including lemon, radish, red cabbage, orange oil, Hibiscus and Spirulina.
- There are 178 calories in a tube of Smarties – around five calories per sweet.
Celebrating the work of our talented GCSE Students
The most-read news stories on our website so far during 2017 revealed
St. Mary's Menston take part in the 78th Diocese of Leeds Pilgrimage to Lourdes
Almost 600 pupils competed at the John Charles Centre for Sport.
St. Mary’s Music Department Summer Concert 2017 took place on Wednesday 12 July.
Stuart Andrew MP visits St. Mary’s, Menston for International Week
Our Year 9 Spanish students last week visited the tapas restaurant, Dos Amigos in Kirkstall
Sports Leaders rewarded for their hard work throughout the year
Congratulations to acrobatic gymnasts Olivia and Sophie Leonard (Year 7 and 9 respectively) who competed in the Turin International Acro Cup over the weekend, representing the Olicana Gymnastics Club.