- The lecture was delivered by Doctor Stephen Ashworth of the University of East Anglia.
- The pupils learnt some simple experiments which they can try at home from making homemade indicators out of fruit tea to how much energy is in corn flour.
- Atoms and molecules are all around us and chemistry is used to control and change these molecules.
- We are trying to promote the love of chemistry amongst all St. Mary's pupils
- Our two new Science labs are being built in school during 2016, the first new classrooms to be built at St. Mary's Menston since 2001.
Thank you to Miss Wood, Teacher of Chemistry
This year’s showcase was packed with interesting and interactive displays.
The annual event took place on Friday 26 February in our Performing Arts Studio
Award presented to Jordan Willis by Monsignor Paul Grogan
Award presented to Edward Hollingsworth by Monsignor Paul Grogan
The students took part in a workshop to analyse and identify an unknown 'white powder' using a variety of techniques that are required for their A-level specification.
Professional photographs showing various aspects of our school life
Funding for two additional Science labs confirmed
On Friday 20 March 2015 there is going to be an eclipse visible in Leeds.
The annual event took place on Friday 27 February in our Performing Arts Studio