New 100M record set by Kieron Webster 9W at our annual Sports Day at the John Charles Centre for Sport
Photo: NEW RECORD in Year 9 Boys 100m. Kieron Webster (1st), Kian Scanlon (2nd), Patrick Snowball (3rd)
Our Sports Day on Monday July 13 2015 saw a 97%+ level of participation from Year groups 7 – 9. There were some great individual performances and a new school record was set:
- Kieron Webster, Year 9 Wharton set a new 100M record. His time of 11.94 seconds broke the previous record held by Chris Chavez-Cronin 12.06 seconds (2012)
- The winning forms were 7 Postgate, 8 Postgate and 9 Dickenson.
- The PDF file below shows the winners of every event and their time/distance.
Well done to the nearly 600 pupils who competed!
Mrs Chattoe will continue the tradition of our popular Sports Day display (including podium photos) in the corridor near M5. Look forward to it!
Sports Day 2015 photo gallery (300 photos)
Commemorative Podium Photos
Mrs Chattoe, Mrs Askew and Mrs Barnes organised podium photos. 240 pupils were included.
Winning Forms 2003–2015
- The joint most successful forms since 2003 are Gwyn, Fisher, Postgate and More (each winning 7 Year titles).
- Wharton and Sherwin have only won just one Year title each, since our records began in 2003.
- No form has ever won Y7, Y8 and Y9 in the same year.
- Gwyn, who were Y7 in 2010 and More who were Y7 in 2012 won Sports Day all three times they entered it.
* In 2003, Dickenson and Fisher were tied to win Year 7
** In 2007 only Year 7 did a Sports Day and it was held at school.
St. Mary’s Menston Athletics Records
- The longest standing records were set in 1981:
- Y7 Girls' Shot Putt J Foster 7.87m 1981
- Y9 Girls' Shot Putt C Thompson 8.83m 1981
- Sophia Hall holds the most individual records (4), setting them between 2004–6
- The fastest 100m across all year groups, 11.69 seconds was set in 2013 by Joe Gardner, a Year 7 boy
Note: Records before 2000 were established on the school 300m grass track