stmarysmenston.org is now using 100% https
- Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL, is a technology that secures the connection between your browser and the website you’re visiting.
- It allows our website visitors to feel confident that their information is secure.
- stmarysmenston.org has been using SSL security since October 2016 using the completely free Let's Encrypt Certificate Authority.
- In the future we will be able to use HTTP/2 on our website which will make it load much faster.
- In January 2017, Google is going to start marking websites without SSL security as not secure
- There is no need to update bookmarks as our website will automatically start using the https version seamlessly.