Almost 600 pupils competed at the John Charles Centre for Sport.
Our Sports Day on Tuesday 19 July 2016 saw a 97%+ level of participation from Year groups 7–9. There were some great individual performances.
- The winning forms were 7 Clitherow, 8 Fisher and 9 Postgate.
- The PDF file below shows the winners of every event and their time/distance.
- The temperature reached 28°
- Well done to the nearly 600 pupils who competed!
Mrs Chattoe will continue the tradition of our popular Sports Day display (including podium photos) in the corridor near M5. Look forward to it!
Sports Day 2016 gallery (250 photos)
Commemorative Podium Photos
Sports Day 2016 Podium gallery (67 photos)
Mrs Chattoe, Mrs Askew and Mrs Barnes organised podium photos. 230 pupils were included.
Winning Forms 2003–16
- The joint most successful forms since 2003 are Postgate and Fisher, each winning 8 Year titles.
- Wharton and Sherwin have only won just one Year title each, since our records began in 2003.
- No form has ever won Y7, Y8 and Y9 in the same year.
- Forms who won sports day all three times they entered it:
- Gwyn, who were Y7 in 2010
- More who were Y7 in 2012
- Postgate who were Y7 in 2014
* In 2003, Dickenson and Fisher were tied to win Year 7
** In 2007 only Year 7 did a Sports Day and it was held at school
St. Mary’s Menston Athletics Records
- The longest standing records were set in 1981:
- Y7 Girls' Shot Putt J Foster 7.87m 1981
- Y9 Girls' Shot Putt C Thompson 8.83m 1981
- Sophia Hall holds the most individual records (4), setting them between 2004–6
- The fastest 100m across all year groups, 11.69 seconds was set in 2013 by Joe Gardner, a Year 7 boy
Note: Records before 2000 were established on the school 300m grass track