Our purpose (Mission Statement) at St. Mary's:
The work of the school is the spiritual, moral, intellectual, aesthetic and physical development of each pupil. It seeks to put Christ at the centre of every activity, worship, learning and service to others.
St. Mary's Menston Catholic Voluntary Academy educates 1,200 pupils aged 11–18 in three main teaching buildings: Morse, Clitherow and Hume.
Although Menston is in the City of Bradford metropolitan district the school is in the Guiseley and Rawdon ward of the City of Leeds metropolitan district.
The pupils work alongside 85 teachers supported by teaching assistants, administrative, technical and maintenance staff and a school chaplain.
If you are interested in supporting our community either as a pupil, member of staff, or working in partnership with us you are warmly invited to contact us.
You can find out school information about St. Mary's on our Information page.
It is our hope that pupils who pass through our care leave the school ready and willing to be fine examples of the Christian values, which form the solid foundation for St. Mary's.
St. Mary’s aims to:
- Teach the beliefs, doctrines and practices of the Roman Catholic religion
- Instil respect for moral values and tolerance of other religions, races and cultures
- Give the satisfaction of achievement to all pupils and develop a sense of vocation
- Encourage good habits of work, appearance and healthy living
- Support each pupil to ensure their academic, social and spiritual development
- Promote community cohesion within and beyond the school