St. Mary’s Menston is one of the highest achieving comprehensive schools in the country.
We want all of our students to make progress relevant to their starting point.
Key Stage 4 Results 2017:
|% Basics 9–4 in EM (standard pass)||76.5|
|% Basics 9–5 in EM (strong pass)||57.8|
|% EBacc Entry||55.6|
|% EBacc Achievement||36.4|
|% 9–4 in English||89.3|
|% 9–4 in Maths||80|
|Attainment 8 score||54.22|
|Progress 8 score||tbc|
|% Staying in education or employment||99.5|
|School Headlines||School 2017||National 2016||Leeds LA 2016|
|% Basics 9–4 /A*–C in EM (standard pass)||76.5||62||60|
|% Basics 9–5 in EM (strong pass)||57.8||NA||NA|
|% EBacc Entry||55.6||39.6||40.8|
|% EBacc Achievement||36.4||24.0||23.0|
|Attainment 8 score||54.22||49.5||48.4|
|Progress 8 score||tbc||0||-0.06|
- 2017 EBacc achievement is a more challenging measure, requiring a grade 5 in English and in Maths.
- The Attainment 8 score is calculated using new 2017 points which are not comparable to previous years.
- The actual Progress 8 Score will be confirmed in October 2017 when the DfE releases unvalidated 2017 national data.
Key Stage 5 Results 2016:
|St. Mary's students||National|
|Average grade at Key Stage 5||C (A-level)||Dist (Applied General cohort)|
|Student Destinations||95% continue in Education, Employment or Training||88% continue in Education, Employment or Training|
- Average point score per student: 862 (equivalent to three grade A's)
- 46% of entries gaining grades A* to B