TSST (Teacher Subject Specialism Training)
A FREE CPD course for improving Mathematics subject knowledge of non-specialist teachers and HLTAs
Who is it for?
- Qualified Primary teachers
- Qualified teachers (non-specialist) with an interest in teaching Mathematics
- Qualified Maths teachers wishing to return to the profession.
- HLTAs who teach Mathematics
- Enhance subject knowledge of Mathematics at KS3 and upper KS2
- Provide a range of techniques and resources to deliver engaging and enjoyable Mathematics lessons
- Provide a recognised certificate of competency for Mathematics teaching with HE recognition and Masters Credits
- Each unit includes activities and investigation, multiple choice tests, interactive texts and assessment.
- Support for the completion of the online work is provided by the CIMT (Centre of Innovation in Mathematics teaching at Plymouth University).
- There are tutors available at the university to support participants with any queries outside of the face to face sessions.
Face to Face sessions
Each session will consist of:
- 2 hour tuition on interactive Maths teaching including resource sharing
- Optional 30 mins seminar to complete online material and ask questions
- ‘Flip learning’ gap task based on Online units
- Participants who pass the course will receive a ‘certificate of mathematics mastery’ from Plymouth University. It is useful to note that NCTL are now recognising TSST as a ‘brand’ across the country.
- Participants can go on to gain 30 Masters credits (transferable) from Plymouth University on completion of the course and a short assignment.
TSST Course Flyer (PDF)
TSST Application Form (PDF)
For more information, please contact Mrs Jackie Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01943 883000