What is Twitter?
Twitter is an information network made up of 140-character messages called Tweets. It is an easy and free way to discover the latest news related to subjects you care about. Twitter is useful because contains information you will find valuable. Messages from users you choose to follow will show up on your home page for you to read. It is similar being delivered a newspaper but you can discover news 'as it happens' in real time, learn more about topics that are important to you, and get the 'inside scoop'.
You don't need to have a Twitter account to see our tweets.
What do St. Mary's Tweet about?
There are many different things that we Tweet about, including:
- Spiritual Life
- If there is a 'Snow Day' it is announced first on Twitter
- Special Events
- 'work in progress'
- Links to web pages
- Award ceremonies
- International work
- Our charities
- Former pupils
- Job opportunities
- Newspaper articles
- Mr Thornton, Mr Dobson, Mrs Burrows, Mr Wilkes, Mrs Andrews, Mr Sinnett, Mrs Barnes, Mrs North and Mrs Findlay's tweets
We want all our school community to follow St. Mary's on Twitter.
How to Start Using Twitter
Using Twitter works very well if you make an account (which is completely free) at Twitter.com and then choose the accounts that you wish to 'follow'.
You can also find and follow other interesting Twitter accounts such as:
- The Secretariat of the Catholic Church in England and Wales @catholicEW
- Leeds Diocesan Youth Service @LeedsDYS
- West Yorkshire Sport @wysport
- UCAS @ucas_online
- School Councils UK @SchoolCouncils
- Kick It Out @kickitout
- Catholic News Service @CatholicNewsSvc
- The Catholic Herald @catholicherald
- The Times Educational Supplement @tes
- CAFOD @CAFOD
- The Department for Education @educationgovuk
- Naace , the ICT association @Naace
- St. Gemma's Hospice @stgemmashospice
- Martin House Hospice @MartinHouseCH
- Diana Award @DianaAward
- Metro travel news @MetroTravelNews
- Youth Sport Trust @YouthSportTrust
- Aireborough Extended Services @Aireborough
- BBC Breaking News @bbcbreaking
How many people see the @StMarysMenston tweets?
Our Tweets have 120,500 impressions a month or 1.5 million impressions a year.
To request something be deleted from our website, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube or Flickr (for example, a photo) please use our Website Help form