OneDrive for Business
Are you using your cloud storage?
Do you know that every student and member of staff at St. Mary's Menston has 1TB of cloud storage space on OneDrive for Business?
You log into OneDrive for Business using your ICT username and password.
What is OneDrive for Business?
OneDrive for Business is a place where you can store, sync, and share your work files (eg Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, image files). It is a Microsoft service.
It is called 'cloud storage' because the files are stored 'in the cloud' and available from both school and at home.
What are the benefits of this cloud storage space?
- 1TB (terabyte) is a large amount of storage space – much more than you have on the school servers.
- Your files can be accessed from almost any device that has an internet connection such as a Windows or Apple computer, iPad, Android Tablet, iPhone, Android phone
- You can create and edit files from almost any device using Microsoft Office web apps
- You can share your files easily and securely with other people
- No need for USB sticks that can easily be lost (and are prone to break) anymore
- Accidentally deleted files can be restored
- Cloud storage is more energy efficient and better for the environment than the previous systems.